Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Woo hoo! Sunny day!

Well, the Christmas tree is finally put away, my daffodils are about ready to bloom, the sun is shining on a crystal clear day and I can see sailboats out in the bay. If it was warmer (it's about 50), it'd feel like spring! If it was a bit colder, it'd feel like summer. :0) We have weird weather here, summer is cold and foggy).


I got a surprise call today from an Elder who served in our ward from Tonga. Weird coincidence since I just visited that ward, huh? He was in our ward for quite a long time, then they transferred him to San Jose, and after that to our Tongan branch. Since we do a lot of activities together with the Tongan branch, it was like he was in our ward for a total of over a year. He's home now and was calling from Tonga! While he was here I really tried to encourage him to go to college when he got home. He said his family was pretty poor, and he wasn't sure he could manage it. I bugged him about it a lot, told him to talk to his bishop, etc. He called to tell me that he was accepted to BYU Hawaii and that he was going to be working at the Polynesian Cultural Center to pay his way. WOO HOO! He was such a sharp guy, I'm excited for him and for his future.
This is Elder Lauti with the fire dancers from the Polynesian Cultural Center when they were here last June.

1 comment:

molly said...

Hey you guys! So Scott and I are coming up to Monterey this Monday the 4th to go to a funeral, and I was wandering if it would be possible to maybe get our engagement pictures taken afterwards? If that would work out for you guys that would be great! I will give you guys a call when I can. If you get this before I get ahold of you my number is 801-885-7452. Love you all.