Not much happening here. I need to get started on our taxes, ugh! Some day we'll be rich and someone else will do it. When that happens, someone will clean our house, too. And do the laundry. I'll just camp out down by the beach.
My parents decided that most of their progeny was too fat. They're right, of course. But, it's their fault, they gave us their fat genes. Ok, actually it's Mom's fault...Dad's family is all pretty skinny. But wouldn't it figure that out of six kids, only one looks like my Dad's family and all the rest of us look like Tanner/Fullers. So they've started an "Elsberry's Biggest Loser" competition. We have until July 1st, whoever loses the highest percentage of their starting weight wins. As long as that person has also lost at least 10% of their weight, and has done it healthily so that they can keep it off, the prize is $1,000. So fasting until July is out.
So, Sam and I and Ry and Susan have signed up. Dunno how "the kids" (as we call them) are doing, but we're each down about 8.5 pounds. Only about a 100 each to go!!! Ok, maybe only 80. This is the first time that I've been able to get Sam excited about losing weight/exercising more. He's already got the money all spent in his head. I'm guessing we'll need it to buy all new clothes, but he'd rather cinch up his belt and buy some new electronic gadget or camera toy.
The only bad part is that I feel that our entire lives now revolve around deciding what to eat, when to eat it, etc etc. We can't afford Jenny Craig, and I'd rather learn how to do it on our own, so that I can relearn how to cook healthy. I'm really great at unhealthy cooking: babyback ribs, mac and cheese, anything Mexican, etc. The biggest problem is that I actually have to cook everyday. I like cooking, but I really hate the cleaning up part (hence the need for a maid). When I cook three meals a day, I feel like all I do is dirty and wash dishes. As I'm washing up from lunch, I'm planning dinner. I'll be glad when/if these new habits sink in and I can do it all without thinking about it.
We're excited about the Bailey Family Cruise. We're planning to take our little video camera, and maybe we'll get some juicy bits for the blog. In the meantime, here's another little vid of Meg that makes me laugh.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I did a weight loss competition with some friends over the holidays. The prize was $400. I gained weight. So I have now started my own personal goal, and the prize is nothing. But I am watching Alias, and Sydney is hot, and she makes me not want to snack all day long.
That's my Meggie! Good luck losing the weight. Get Sam in shape so he can go skiing with me some day. The $1,000 would buy some nice equipment a plane ticket and a ski pass.
Wow, that $1,000 would motivate me! What a fun thing to do as a family too. It's always a little easier when you have someone to be miserable with:). Good luck! Keep us posted. That video of Meg is so cute!!! Kennedy misses her!!
Post a Comment