
OK, I'm a day late again. Story of my life. I'd like to say we were too busy New Year's partying, but the fact is we did "Happy New Year" at about 10:12 PST and went to bed. Just couldn't stay awake that long.
I wanted to say Happy Birthday to Ryan, who turned older yesterday than either his Dad or I wanted to admit. Sam says he's not old enough to have a 28 year old. I'm not either, but then, I can always claim stepmotherhood, like I'm not actually old enough to have a 28 year old either. Not that anyone really believes it.
Ryan has always been a good kid. We're very proud of him and his life choices. He works hard and has all kinds of dreams and ambition (he calls it scheming). He's always been very sweet with his little sister, and she adores him (she's called him Ry-o since she could talk). He worked his way through college on his own, never asking for any financial help whatsoever. He and Sue both have a great sense of humor and we really love having them around. We just wish they lived closer.
So Happy Birthday, Ryan. In his honor I've posted a very short video of Ryan being the great big brother that he is and playing with his little sister on the beach in San Diego when she was about five.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Ryan! This is a VERY busy time of year for your family. Gesh
All these birthdays on holidays! Happy Birthday Ryan.
My favorite Ryan quote... "Paper towels REDUCED!". He watched a LOT of TV as a kid and particularly enjoyed the commercials. We miss you too Ryan. Start a blog so we can see what you and Susan are up to.
Uncle Mark.
I remember Mark making Ryan sing "I love rock 'n roll, put another dime in the jukebox baby" over and over again. Happy birthday Ryan!
Happy Birthday Ryan! and.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment