Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hey, it's not raining!!!!!

Well, I was going to take the Christmas tree down today. (Yes, I said the Christmas tree). But, hey, it's NOT raining, first day in about eight or nine. Not to mention I've been sick as a dog for the last week. Serious cabin fever, so we took off for the day. Went and got some clam chowder at Phil's Fish Market, sat on the beach and watched the pelicans and waves, did a little Costco shopping where, as usual, we ran into about half the ward and did a bit of socializing.

It was a lovely day. I'll take the tree down tomorrow. Maybe.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hey, you've waited this long, why not let it stay up all year and save yourself a lot of time this Christmas. Sounds like there are plenty of fun ways to use that time in your neck of the woods!

Cristin said...

YAY for no rain! Our tree is down but has been sitting on our front porch since the 1st. I'm hoping that by next December we'll have it moved to make room for next years tree.

ShelBailey said...

I've certainly thought about leaving it up all year...but frankly, I want the space back.

I usually leave it up at least until my birthday, but this year we all got sick the day after my birthday, so it never got done.

Hot Pants said...

I like to take mine down Christmas night. I hate Christmas after Christmas. This year I had to wait until the 27th though. I found that to be very depressing.

Emily said...

So, did you get the tree down!!???