On Monday, Tom, Zach and Jess and significant others, came by to see us. It was a quick, but lovely visit. It was great to see them all, and see that they're doing well. Zach's girlfriend Mareika (dunno how to spell her name) really wanted to swim in the Pacific, so we took her down to the beach. It was about 55 degrees, the water was colder than that, and the wind was blowing. But, she said she's from the Netherlands, cold doesn't bother her. She stripped down to her bikini and went for a swim, declared it "not cold at all" (although she was goosebumpy and very pink), and posed for pictures.
I thought she was nuts. So did Zach.
I thought she was nuts. So did Zach.Afterwards we had a nice lunch at Bubba Gumps on Cannery Row in Monterey before sending them on their way back to Bakersfield. We enjoyed having them here and hope it won't be another 5-10 years before they get back here again. And, that they'll be able to spend more than a couple of hours here.

2 comments:
Wow! That's Zach? I haven't seen him in... over a decade, probably. Good to see you made the most of your short visit.
I don't remember the last time I got to see them. How fun for you guys! I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment