Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bailey Family Thing, Part 5



So, Monday so many things went on that I don't exactly remember the order of anything. One thing the kids did was an Airsoft war in the old theater (above). I didn't venture in, but Sam told me it was a cool/creepy place (depending on whether you were a kid or an adult...Sam is still a kid, so he thought it was cool). It was pretty dark in there, and after I posted the above picture (which was taken with Sam's ridiculously high ISO camera) several of our moms decided that it was better that it was dark so they couldn't see how creepy it was. The kids had fun shooting each other and Sam had a good time exploring the pigeon poo-infested building. Think I'm glad I missed that one. Bet that theater was great in it's day, though.

Amanda and Jenny also had some crafts for the kids to do. They made bracelets, painted ceramics, decorated frames and planted tiny little plants (Meg's sprouted already, she's very excited).


There were these cool tricyles that we rented and the kids and some of the grown-ups had a good time riding all over the campus. This is Gus, taking it for a spin.


Sam was out taking pics and came across this baby owlet, perched in one of the boarded up windows of another building. Cool, huh.


A bunch of the little kids spent alot of their time in the sandpit/volleyball court. Here they are pushing a giant soccer ball around.



The big expedition was to City of Rocks state/national park. It deserves it's own post, though. Probably won't get to it today, though.

5 comments:

Memzy said...

I've decided I want one of those banana bikes for myself.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I just perused all your Parts of the Bailey Family Thing.... your pics are amazing and put Jenny's iPhone pics to shame!

Thanks for posting. Fun fun fun!

ShelBailey said...

I would hope Sam's $3K camera would put most anything to shame, lol. I made him sell his old camera and his travel trailer to pay for it.

He's pretty happy with it.

E said...

Whoa! So that's what that theater looked like! Not as creepy as my dark iPhone pictures made it look.

Patty Elsberry said...

Loved the Rocky pics!

I'm glad I was not under the huge soccer ball! ha, ha, ha!

Do you have any account on Twitter? I tried to find you but could not.