Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tagged....twice.

I've been tagged twice in the last couple of weeks, by my sister Kate and my friend Rachel, but haven't had time to do either of them. They take actual thought, which takes longer than just rambling on about something. Since it's Sunday, and I'm not going to feel guilty about blogging instead of salsa-fying the tons of tomatoes we picked last night, I decided to at least do Kate's, cuz it's shorter. I'll do Rachel's tonite (or at least sometime this week).

Five Joys
1. Sam!
2. Meghan, Ry and Sue
3. Living near the beach.
4. Music
5. The temple. I wish it was closer, though.

Five Fears
1. That Sam will get killed on that darned motorcyle of his.
2. Sam getting laid off....AGAIN.
3. Heights. Big time.
4. Meghan becoming a teenager.
5. That I'm not teaching Meg enough to "survive" teenagerhood.

Five Obsessions/Collections
1. Hobbies. No time for them recently, but I love sewing, knitting, just about anything crafty, photography, traveling, reading, genealogy.
2. Lately it seems I'm obsessed with canning/preserving, but that's just a response to the economy. I really hate actually doing it, but there is a certain satisfaction to seeing it all stacked up, looking pretty.
3. I have a small collection of funky rocks/fossils. Not intentional, just ended up that way.
4. I have a collection of really old sheet music, mostly WWI stuff. It's a hoot, some really funny songs there, and the cover art is great.
5. I actually can't think of anymore, if I do I'll edit.

Five Surprising Things About Me
1. After researching ADD/ADHD because I think Meg may have some related problems, I've decided that she got those tendencies from me. Dunno if it's really true, but it explains a lot.
2. I hate clutter. Which will shock any of you that have been in my house. Not that I'm good about doing anything about it, but it drives me nuts. I live with a couple of packrats, and that doesn't help.
3. I wish I'd been as smart as my little sister Kate, who made MUCH smarter choices than I did at a much younger age. And still does, for the most part. I spent about fifteen years just goofing off, not accomplishing anything. Now that 50 is looming, I really regret that. I wanna be just like her when/if I grow up.
4. I spent one night in jail when I lived in Utah.
5. I've been in the Prunedale ward longer than I've been in any other ward since my home ward in Arizona.

I'm supposed to tag five people, but I don't think I will. If you have time and wanna share, go for it.

2 comments:

E said...

Um, jail. You cannot just casually drop the J bomb without any explanation. So that's your next blog topic. Unless you did something REALLY bad... then you probably shouldn't corrupt us with the details.

Emily said...

^^^Yeah, I agree!