However, he told me that he'd been laid off. Actually, they offered him two months severance pay if he would "resign" (they're trying to avoid a hit to their unemployment insurance, as we can't file for unemployment if he resigns). If we find a job fairly soon, this could end up being a good thing. However, there isn't a heck of a lot out there, and most of it seems to have moved from Silicon Valley to San Diego, Irvine, Washington and Austin. After a couple of hours searching online, we found one in town here, which he sent a resume to last night.
The upside is, he hated working there anyway because his boss was an idiot. We leave with 17,500 vested stock options that may pay off in the next couple of years, so a year and a half with the idiot wasn't a total loss.
So everyone, keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for us....this would be a terrible time to have to try and sell and move. And, if you hear of any weddings coming up that he can photograph, let us know. We need all the extra income we can get to help that two months severance last longer than two months.
On a lighter note, what in the world are these people doing????:







8 comments:
Sorry about the "lay off" or "resignation" or what ever you are going to call it. I feel your pain...oh do I feel your pain. Good Luck in finding a new job, we'll be praying for you.
GREAT pictures!
Dangit! You guys seem to have the worst luck with jobs! Maybe it'll end up being a blessing in discuise. Good luck and you will be in our prayers. Those pictures MUST be charade (is that how you spell it?) pictures.
I am going to guess, "Sister Act 2:Back in the Habit". I know it is one of Sam's favorites.
It looks like the tootsy tots dance to me.
Best of luck with the job search. That is no fun.
Not fun. (The job search, I mean). Maybe this will be an opportunity to put all your efforts into full-time photography? Either way, good luck!
What a bummer. Maybe you should give the Boise area a try; we'd love to have you around! Love the pictures!
Sorry about the job. I can sympothize. Morgan has been unemployed for a year but we didn't really know about it until 5 months ago. My guess for what you guys were up to is a dance off. Lynn was totally grinding it.
I WAS going to say bowling but if I know the Bailey gang it's gotta be a good game of charades. Sorry about the job thing. I'm sure everything will work out just fine and who knows maybe he'll get an even better job and maybe just maybe the new place won't have such a crappy Christmas party. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment