There's not much to write about. We still haven't found work, but I guess it's only been a couple of weeks, I should be patient. But, I'm better at panic than patience. And, I really hate problems that I can't do anything to fix right now. My sister Julie says excessive worrying shows a lack of faith. She's right and ought to know, she's had a way tougher time of life than I have, and has emerged with her sense of humor intact and is wiser than most people I know.
In the meantime, Sam has been working on several projects around the house that have needed taking care of for some time. It would be easier if I felt we could spend any money on some of them. But, it always seems like we have time OR money, never both at the same time. But, Sam is remarkably resourceful, and we have a friend at the Last Chance Mercantile who gets us good deals on recycled wood, etc. We're also working on getting a garden in this year, something we've slacked on the last couple of years. After a week of solid rain, the weather has been beautiful and it's been a treat to work outside.
Yesterday, after we dropped Meghan for school, we went down to the beach for our walk. Sam's been walking on his lunch hour at work and I've been going with some friends. It was nice to be together and we had a great time walking and watching the giant waves left from this last storm. The one upside of being unemployed, is we get lots of time together. I will miss him when he has to go back to work, but then I can quit panicking.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hear artichokes grow well around there.
We planted a salsa garden last year. The kids loved planting it and making it. Lots of fun.
Best of luck on the job hunt. I am sure it won't take long with a talented man like Sam.
I know your pain. The hardest part of unemployment is the waiting. UGH
Good Luck!
Post a Comment