Monday, December 15, 2008

The Big Star

A couple of years ago, Sam made a huge star to hang on our gigantic chimney. the very next night, we had a huge windstorm that totally trashed it. Last week, the seminary teacher in our ward asked if we still had that because they're doing a "progressive dinner" style seminary Christmas party where they visit the shepherds, the kings, the star, etc. Sam offered to build a bigger, better one. He got it done on Saturday, but he was Santa at the ward party, we had to take off before we got it up. So, yesterday our friend Oz came over and helped Sam hang it. There was another big storm coming in and this party is on Tuesday. Sam leaves and comes home in the dark, so it was now or never. I was not excited. You Baileys may know his story about skydiving on Sunday. Anyway, it was fairly painless, it looks well secured and no one fell off the roof. And, it looks totally cool coming up the road! (Note: for some reason, sometimes you have to "pause" it and hit "play" again before it plays. I would slide the 5 second time down to 1 or 2 secs, also. It defaults to 5)



The Big Star

Edit: I was watching a storm come in over the ocean this morning while I was eating my cereal. As the sun came up, i could see a rainbow where it's already raining over the ocean. I was so excited, that I didn't see the rainbow in the cloud above it until Meg pointed it out. You might have to click on it for the bigger view in order to see either of them.

6 comments:

Hazel said...

I love rainbows, and your star looks great.

E said...

That star is awesome! I wish we had something cool to put up.

Mary said...

Love the star. Sam did good. Helps to have a good photographer to show it off to the world.

Memzy said...

Holy STAR Batman!!!

Cristin said...

Sam Rocks!!! Seriously, that is soooo cool

Markie23 said...

Now THAT's a star!