Thursday, April 12, 2012

Requiem for a dead Dodge.

We bought a Dodge Intrepid in 2001...it was a year old at the time, had 20K miles on it. Today it has about 185K miles on it. Bought new tires a couple of months ago, a new battery at about the same time, paid the registration fees last week, put $80 gas in it last night.

Today, on Sam's commute to work, it gasped it's last. We've resurrected it twice, it got a new engine (under warranty) at 60K miles, and we rebuilt it three years ago when it threw a rod. I think it's time we performed last rites and maybe have a wake.

But, wouldn't it have been nicer if it died the week BEFORE I bought the tires and battery. Or even YESTERDAY, before we put $80 of gas in it.

And now, we "get" to go car shopping, which I like almost as much as I like going to the dentist.

6 comments:

Cristin said...

Eeeww! I hate it when that happens. Good luck car shopping...better you than me...::knock on wood::

kristib said...

We've lost 2 cars right after getting new tires. You might be able to get some money for it on Craigslist. We sold our dead van (really, it was dead) for $600 because a guy wanted to learn how to rebuild an engine. And if you decide to try and sell, remember when advertising to really highlight the good points...like the new tires, new battery, maybe the "family friendliness" of it. I think creativity in advertising pays off sometimes. :) Good luck!

Jen said...

Bummer! Cars never die before you pay for the expensive stuff! Good luck car shopping. :(

B. Surfer said...

...Even if the dentist is a cute tall guy named Trevor?

ShelBailey said...

OK, Meesa, I'd go see Trevor, cuz he is cute and he takes good care of my Meesa. :0)

Markie23 said...

To be fair $80 in gas is only like what, 6 gallons?