That's about all this is. I have about two minutes, and I'm tired of the old one, even though it was a great story.
Let's see....week before last I made a wedding dress in three days for a lady that had to get married before she got baptized. It was a simple dress, but she's six months pregnant, so it was a bit of a challenge. Took over my life for a few days. But, it came out amazingly well and she seemed happy.
Last week we just lived life. The usual too much to do, not enough time to do it. Nothing exciting.
A few weeks ago we took a weekend trip to Yosemite with some friends of ours. Jim has lived in California for almost thirty years and never been there. He's a photographer, too, so we went on a photo trip. I'll write more about it when I have time to look through some pics to post about it.
This week, Meg and I are working on Greek mythology for her very LAST stupid school project of sixth grade. Almost done...technically due today, we may have it done by tomorrow.
That's all folks!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Love updates.
So, is Meg in year round school then?
Nope. They don't get out here until June 5th. Earlier than usual, actually...last year they didn't get out until around the 15th...we pulled her out early for Molly's wedding. I hate it. Then they go back like the 2nd week of August...we only get 6 weeks.
You made a wedding dress? And you sounded so nonchalant about it too. Is this normal? Do you do a side business sewing rarely worn dresses?
B. Surfer, she's just super talented.
I love updates! I'm counting down the days till school is out, lucky for us, Jackson doesn't have any last minute projects...that I know about. haha
I have I told you that I believe that you may be superwoman?
Meesa...I've made lots of wedding dresses, usually for free, for friends. But, the last one before this was SUCH a pain the butt (for my cousin Ann Fuller...dunno if you know her) and just before I got engaged, that I bought mine. This dress (which wasn't fancy or anything) is the first one I've made since then, and was MUCH simpler than any of the ones I made before.
Cristin, you make me laugh. I wish I was superwoman, usually I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.
I can't believe Meg still has a major project due! My kids have done nothing for the last two weeks, but watch movies and clean out backpacks. Today is the last day of school for my kids. So excited.
Oh yeah! I do remember you making Ann's. I guess it really has been a while. Either way... very impressive.
Post a Comment