Friday, November 7, 2008

Wow....

Wow, I guess the backlash has started.

Haven't been to Oakland since the election, but I'm guessing with the proximity to San Francisco, that it's not much better. They were already protesting before the election.

::sigh::

In other news, I heard CHRISTMAS music in the grocery store yesterday. Don't you think it's just a BIT early??????? Geez. I love Christmas music, but really.

Someone should come visit us for Thanksgiving. :0)

6 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I read that article and it made me so sad. We had a protest near the SLC temple last night.

B. Surfer said...

I wanna come... already promised the other side we'd be here though. Does that invite stand for next year?...

ShelBailey said...

Always, Melissa! And, anytime in between.

Unknown said...

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Memzy said...

Did you delete me? I totally thought I already commented over here. So, have your local leaders given you any advice or instruction on these things?

PS. I could listen to x-mas music year round.

ShelBailey said...

I would NEVER delete you, Memz.

We're just supposed to be documenting anything that happens, and writing letters to the media, legislators, etc. The media is presenting a REALLY biased view of what's going on, so they need people to speak up about it.

I love Christmas music, but it annoys me in the stores this early. I listen to it at home from time to time all year. But, never when Scrooge...er...I mean, Sam is home.