Friday, May 23, 2008

Thoughts....

Every once in awhile, when life gets stressful, my family has a "we're thankful for...." discussion. It's been a busy week for me and a stressful one for Sam, so it's time. This is my list, it may reflect Sam's feelings, too, but I didn't consult him on this one. :0)

Big things I'm thankful for:
1. Our HUGE extended family. My niece Melissa commented on this blog that I have a lot of nieces and nephews. I do....AND a lot of brothers and sisters and in-laws, etc. I love them all, even when they sometimes make me crazy. I'm especially thankful for my sister who calls me almost daily, talks me over the rough spots, and tells me her funny stories. Mostly her "rough spots" are worse than my "rough spots" and it helps me keep things in perspective as she faces them all with determination and humor.

2. Our home. Even if it was in Barstow, I'd be thankful for that. Although, then I'm sure we wouldn't see as many of you as often. I cooked and served dinner (with Susan and a couple of friends) for some homeless women at a shelter this week. It made me extremely grateful to have a roof over my head, and a husband who is willing to work to provide it for us.

3. The gospel and the church. I love that we know The Plan, and what our purpose is here. I love that we have the church organization for guidance and friendship, etc.

4. Great, amazing friends who are examples of what I hope to be when/if I grow up.

5. That the temple is not TOO far away. I do miss having one five minutes away, but at least it's not days away. This is a blessing that we probably don't take enough advantage of.

Little things I'm thankful for:

1. Ry's Susan. OK, maybe that's a big thing. But I love that Ry found such a great girl to add to our family and be a big sister for Meg.

2. Chocolate (Ok, that's a given) (And maybe that's a big thing, too!)

3. That the sun is shining today.

4. For the internet that keeps me to connected to my amazing friends and family wherever they are.

5. That Meg is out of school today and we can hang out together, even if it's to do laundry, dishes and making dinner together.

Ok, that's enough for now, I really do have a ton of things to do today, we're going to the temple tomorrow so Saturday stuff has to get done, too.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Those are some really great things to be grateful for! We have to make those lists every once in a while to keep a positive perspective.

YES, we are coming!! Not sure if my Mom told you or not (guess I should've checked earlier), but we are gonna stay at a hotel in Monterey along with 4 of my other siblings and their kids. We just thought it'd be easier, and you can let other family stay at your place. Kennedy REALLY, REALLY wants to spend some time with Meg though. We need to make sure they get plenty of time together. We can't wait to see you guys!!

ManicMandee said...

Gotta keep doing that myself to remember how blessed I am too. Great post.