Christmas kind of snuck up on us this year...as did Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. I hate how time seems to go so much faster when you're older. That's when it really needs to slow down, so my slow brain can wrap around it.
However, we started the Christmas season with a bang...the Monterey Symphony and Chorus did the entire Messiah last night. We have connections with the Chorus, so we got freebie tickets. I have to say, for an orchestra from a pretty small town, they were fabulous. The guest conductor was from Austria....can't remember his name....but he didn't waste any time, either. It can take as long as three hours...but he got it all wrapped up in about 2 1/2 hours. The soloists were great and the only thing wrong with the whole thing was that it was really tough not to sing along. Oh, and the seats in that venue were made for someone who is 5' tall, not 6'. Good thing the conductor hurried along!
So, Merry Christmas....I'll snag some Christmas pics from last year's Streets of Bethlehem festival and post them to get us in the spirit.
Maybe I'll get to put up my tree today...I shoulda had it up a week ago, but life kept intervening. I hate that!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like your having a wonderful time with your busy life.
Good for you. We know you guys have more pics so don't hold out on us...post them.
Great way to get in the Christmas spirit!
Post a Comment