OK, so I didn't really intend to go six months without posting. But, "stuff" happens and I kept thinking, "I'll get to it later, when I have more time". Three days later it's August. I hate when that happens.
So this is a silly post, no news, etc. I'll get to the news update in the next couple of days. A couple of people have told me that they actually miss reading our silly goings on. All I can say: they must be hard up for entertainment.
So, the theme this week seems to be bugs. If you're squeamish, skip the links. I got an email from someone about these that supposedly live in the the southwest desert, in addition to Iraq and several other places that I never intend to go. I never saw one of these in all the years I was growing up in the desert. Tarantulas, yes. Camel spiders, never. I'm glad. I think this is one more reason to NOT move back to the desert.
So, THEN, my sister in law in AZ posts on facebook that they found one of these in her pool. She didn't specify the size, but they can grow up to SIX INCHES long and they FLY! Ugh. Reason number two for not moving back to the desert. Not that I really needed any more reasons; the fact that it's a 1000 degrees is reason enough.
Then I got thinking about the day that Ryan found one of these in his pants. AFTER he put them on. You'd think it'd cure him of "filing" his clothes on the floor, but I don't recall that it did. We found several of these in that San Jose house. ::shudder:: But, this one incident makes me smile. Only because it wasn't me. :0)
OK. That's it. We are still alive out here, and I do post from time to time on Facebook, but I really need to get back to the blogs. I haven't written anything, haven't really read anyone elses, either. But, I kind of miss it.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
What's this?? You're back in the blogging world? Hallelujah! Those bugs were srs business.
PS. It's 2:35 AM
Lol, Jenny. What in the world are you doing up at 2:35 am???
Ew. The camel spider was the worst.
P.S. It's 8:40 a.m.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solifugae
I've actually seen these in Bakersfield, running across my bathroom floor while sitting barefoot in a very vulnerable state.
::SHIVER::
P.S. Eeka is a time traveler.
I don't like the flying bugs. Their too unpredictable.
I meant they're, not their. I know the difference.
So glad that you linked the bugs. I'm NOT a fan!! We do miss your posts though. Even though I see your stuff on FB. We need to make another trip out there!! Hopefully within the next year or so.
So, Markie, way to ruin the weekend trip to Bako for me. Ugh. Not that I'm excited about going anyway, too danged hot. But, Sam has gotta go film his part. ;0)
You're back!! Yippe! I have the major heebeejeebies now though. Yuck.
Em, i need an invite to your blog. I never got one. :0( shelberry at samsgallery dot com.
Oh grodie. But yay for blogging returns!
Post a Comment