Friday, August 21, 2009

Meg goes to Girl's Camp

Ok, I'm never gonna have time for a real catchup, so I'm gonna do one story a day. At least that's the theory, we'll see what really happens. To add a couple of things to our list: 1. We finally have insurance we don't have to fork over $1200/month for but will we survive the price? 2. Grandma Bailey spent almost two weeks with us and 3. Ok, can't remember what that was, but I'll write about, I promise.

So, this installment is about girl's camp.


This was the first time she's left US home and gone off by herself for more than a night. It was weirdly quiet around here and we missed her. I don't remember the approximately six billion stories she came home with, but she had a GREAT time and made some new friends. Her camera is less than stellar, but here are a couple of pics.




They had a "Cope Course", also called a "Ropes Course" in some places. She LOVED it and did all kinds of things they'd have to drug me for. There was some accident with another girl when a zip line broke, involving a broken ankle. They closed it down after that. Meg said she was glad she got to go before the accident. I said I was glad she wasn't on it when it broke. She only weighs about 25 lbs though, so it would've had to have been seriously compromised to drop her. We can't afford broken anything right now, so I'm grateful.

6 comments:

Memzy said...

Cute!!

Mary said...

Good times. Every girl should get an opportunity to go to Girl's Camp!

Anita said...

I love girls camp!! I'm glad Meg had a good time:)

Emily said...

Hurry! Make her stop growing up!!

E said...

I dunno. I think Sam might have to give her a picture-taking lesson. Girls camp = some of the best memories of my life.

ShelBailey said...

Actually, Jen, we need to get her a decent camera. Hers really sucks. And she didn't take any of these, anyway...since she's in all of them. :0)