I'm tired of looking at the same old post, but never seem to have time, photos handy or anything to say. So here are the highlights and not-so-highlights of the last couple of weeks.
Highlights:
1. Singing with the Baptist-Mormon Gospel Choir for the Monterey Gospel-Fest. I'll blog more about it later, but it's a blast! Quite the education, though...no written music.
2. My mom in law has been here all week. It's been lovely to have an excuse to put off doing my taxes or cleaning my house. We've been trying to get out everyday and do something fun.
3. CONFERENCE! I love Conference. When I get past the taxes and the Women's conference next weekend, I'm watching it again. I love DVR's.
4. It's Spring! We expanded our garden and got it mostly planted! Can't wait for tomatoes, corn, squash, peas, beans, cantaloupe, etc etc etc
5. This week is spring break and Meghan has actually spent a large portion of it cleaning her room. Without me begging. Weird, huh?
6. Meghan gets to go to the temple to do baptisms for the first time today. She's very excited.
7. Danny is here visiting. He put a security system in Dad's house, so maybe we can at least deafen the next burglars.
8. The time between 6am (when Sam leaves for work) and 8am when I actually accomplish something because no one's bugging me and no one's calling me. ;0)
Not-so-Highlights
1. Taxes. I hate doing them. I always imagine the worst, so I put it off because I just don't wanna know. It's rarely as bad as I thought it would be...one year when I thought we were gonna have pay a boatload, we actually got a refund. I'm done rounding up all the info....I just gotta plug it all into the software, take a deep breath, and see if I have any money left.
2. It's April already. I think it was Christmas last week and Sam swears it'll be Christmas again in another couple of weeks. I hate that time seems to go so fast and I don't get stuff done.
3. No one has given us a million dollars, so Sam is still working for a living. However, at least he has a job. That would go in the "highlights" section, I suppose.
4. Did I mention the taxes? OK, back to them. This post ended up longer than I planned, already.
I'll post one picture of Prunetucky in spring. Ok, never mind, I won't. I think my computer is stuck in first gear and moving r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w. Maybe I won't have to send all my $$$ to the OTHER Uncle Sam and I can get a new one.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good highlights. You guys get an awful lot of visitors.
I hate taxes too! We hired someone this year and are happy to fork over the cash for his troubles.
I used turbo tax again this year and it was better than I expected and I got my state refund in less than a week and it wasn't an IOU, weird huh.
I do my taxes in January to just get it over with, and I pay a guy to do them for me. Totally worth it!
Did your parents house get broken into before? Did I miss a good story somewhere?
I thought about paying someone to do them, but the worst part is getting all the stuff together because I'm just not very organized. Once I do that, it's not a big deal to punch it all into TaxCut and see if we get to celebrate or cry.
Yep, someone broke in the back door of dad's garage and stole all his power tools, and then bashed in the back patio door and stole the computer and couple of other things. Really, the biggest loss was the doors, locks and frames. since they don't live here full time, there isn't much of real value there. The computer was old, and they got $400-$500 in assorted power tools. Because Dad wasn't here, though, Sam and I got to spend the day buying and installing doors instead of whatever it was we had planned that day.
Taxes are the pits, MIL's are the bomb and Spring is great!
Thanks for the update!
You forgot one lowlight: You had to cancel your trip to Vegas. :(
I'll see ya in two weeks, tho!
You're right Jen, that was a lowlight....but I could add a highlight of a long chat with you!
Post a Comment